The complete published works of R. J. Hunter
R.J. Hunter occupied a unique place among historians of early modern Ireland – a highly respected scholar, much loved by his students and fellow academics. Through his meticulous research, R. J. Hunter developed an encyclopedic knowledge of the Plantation of Ulster and 17th Century Ireland with his passion for history and his craft as a writer evident in the different titles included in this collection.
Following the recent reprinting of Ulster Transformed: Plantation in early modern Ireland c.1590–1641 and with the inclusion of Plantations in Ulster, 1600-41: A Collection of Documents (published in 2018 with a limited number of copies left in print) this collection makes available the full published works of R. J. Hunter for the first time.
This collection includes the following publications:
- Ulster Transformed: Plantation in early modern Ireland c.1590–1641
- The Ulster Plantation in Armagh and Cavan 1608-41
- 'Men and Arms': The Ulster Settlers, c. 1630
- The Ulster Port Books 1612-15 (Currently only available as part of this bundle)
- Strabane Barony during the Ulster Plantation 1607-1641
- The Plantation of Ulster: The Story of the Irish
- The Plantation of Ulster: The Story of the English
- Plantations in Ulster, 1600-41: A Collection of Documents (Only available as part of this bundle)
Please note that we have a very limited number of these sets available (only 50 sets) so be sure to order quickly to avoid disappointment, as the sets will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis.